We seek to develop simple, affordable, and efficient technology to support disconnection from the central grid while enabling a wide range of applications.
Here is a list of current and planned projects:
1. virtual fencing: managing livestock on a small scale without the use of fencing
2. non-chemical energy storage such as thermal or mechanical
3. higher voltage DC electricity appliances
4. smart load management to minimize peak demand
5. creating small electric vehicles for transportation, forestry, and agricultural applications
6. developing small scale direct solar technology to perform tasks typically reserved for large expensive equipment such as pond digging, well drilling, and ground leveling.
Email us your interest and we will send you an entry questionnaire: email@example.com
If you are from UVA you should contact us through the IPP (Internship Placement Program).